Monday, May 30, 2011

Goodbye freshman year

Goodbye freshman year

Has been eight month since I arrive to Venezuela. I can remember saying goodbye to all my friends, house, and family… to all my live. And after five hours of fly arriving to a new country, very different at first from I was used to Spain, in which I didn’t new anyone. I was so afraid of the new school, having to meet new people… But in the other side I was very excited to see my new house, to new different people.  I still can remember the first day I went to ECA, I felt so lost. I miss so much my friends, and I thought I wouldn’t be able to fit in with anyone. I think of Mr. Lowman speaking to me the first day, and I was like what he wants to say… I couldn’t understand most of the words that he told me. And of course i just responded in a laconic way; yes…no. My first week of school I feel most of the same, lost and thinking now one understand me. But I was wrong.  In every moment I have someone that always help me, and was in the same position as me. This was my brother Gonzalohe help me a lot. I know that we not always have the same opinion, and that we fight. But he is my brother, and I know that he is not the clever boy on the school, and that he is not always right, and that he can do the same error one, and two and three times, and he would not be able to notice anything, because he would be thinking in soccer. But I know that he the nicest person I have met. He always makes you laugh and he doesn’t demonstrate every day that he loves me. And maybe he hasn't told me that since we were four and six. But coming to Venezuela has demonstrated me that he cares about me. Also I have since the first day of school, an amazing girl and friend that had help me so much that I don’t know how I going to thank her. This was Alessandra, if wasn’t for her I don’t know what I have done the firsts weeks of school. She helped me in so many things. Thank you J



And here still alive am I, with two weeks of school remaining. And I realize that I wouldn’t change anything of this year. And that for sure coming to Venezuela is one of the best things I have done in my live. I have met a lot of extraordinary people and I have learned a lot of English or no? Thank you teachersJ
 I feel I been here for years. Thank you everyone to be that nice and friendly.



1 comment:

  1. Sofía, this is a great entry - I loved reading it. Everyone at ECA is glad that you came here, too!

    ReplyDelete